It’s time to get your new web-based database up and going… awesome! Â How do you go about making sure the info passed from your server to the user (orÂ staff member) isn’t intercepted by the wrong person? Â Enter the SSL Certificate. Â You’ve all seen the padlock icon in your browsers – just check your Gmail account, can’t miss it.
There are threeÂ components to executing a Report Grid from Query with Parameters on a pageÂ in Arena.
- An Advanced HTML Text module which has a formÂ with parameter input fields.
- AÂ SQL Stored Procedure which uses the parameters.
- A Report Grid from Query module to display the results.
Do you want a custom report (with parameters) that specific users can access which leaves the results in Arena – not using Reporting Services?Â (Doing this allows you to email, bulk update or do any other core Arena utility with the selected results.)Â Or do you want to write data back to a custom table quickly and easily to then use it in a report or to driveÂ content for your website?Â Well, this is the long-long, secret series of posts just for you.
If you’ve ever worked onÂ a page in Arena that has the Person Quick Search module, you’ll notice that it automatically steals the cursor focus.Â Which also means that it steals the use of the Enter key…at all times.
Click here to download the session’s PowerPoint and some templates I’ve built that will hopefully help get you started.
Here’s what’s included:
- Arena-Website_Design.pptx – Some things to consider when you’re planning your template.
- Arena Folder – Sub-Folders and Files to be placed in your Arena Folder if you’d like to use any of the Templates, CSS, etc. Â Or you canÂ dissectÂ them to learn like I do.
- OHCLocalTemplate-HTMLFrom3rdParty Folder – Gives a point of reference for where the Oak Hills Template and CSS files started. Continue reading
Here’s what I have been doing for my SQL 2008 Maintenance Scheme.
Click here to download the Arena Premium Administration Manual v2011.1.100.
Click here to download theÂ Arena Premium End User Manual v2011.1.100.